Monday, January 30, 2006

Mel's Pre-Birthday


The night started with me making a brief appearance at Paul's (neighbor) 40th birthday party, I had an interesting conversation about telecom with one Paul's friend's wife (names elude me).

Afterwards, I headed off to the Red Pepper, showing up fashionably late and not wanting to walk far I illegally parked in an empty "reserved" lot, two doors down from Red Peppers (holy irrelevant details Batman).

1/2 expecting a cozy pre birthday party of > 10, I surprisingly walked into the room with 30-35 friends and strangers. Nice.

The dinner was great, actually seeing all the usual bloggers was a welcome change, (Bloggers Unplugged). I will have to look through my pictures again when I get home, and post an interesting one up here, nothing extremely hilarious stood out when I looked at them yesterday, Ferda pretending to stick a spoon down her shirt was mildly amusing.

Which reminds me... Ferda!! You need to blog about saving that man's life.... courageous / hilarious stuff like that needs to be written down... (also I want to know damn it).

Mel bought door prizes, bikini clad (stickers?) girls for some of the boys lucky enough to get their names pulled from a hat, the girls got something in little bottles.. makeup, soap, I don't know.

After dinner we headed off to a salsa dance bar, I should have realized before I headed off, that the lack of alcohol in my bloodstream (Matt driving) mixed with dance bar = Matt bored thinking about chilling at home on the couch.
I have always been more a fan of a good pub with a pool table, and the ability to chat without yelling. I did get to chat with Shannon and Maurine about city chase, that's going to be fun.

Mel looked like she was having a great time, Amanda got to salsa dance with a complete stranger.
I was not DD for anyone but myself, so I booked the night early (midnight ish) and headed off home.

(writing blog entries between other tasks makes it a little disorganized)

Happy Birthday Mel!

13 Comments:

At 1/31/2006 9:27 AM, Blogger Ferda said...

i didn't stick the spoon down my shirt it fell off my nose.

 
At 1/31/2006 9:29 AM, Blogger Matt said...

no it didn't you were trying to put it down your shirt, pictures never lie

 
At 1/31/2006 9:33 AM, Blogger Matt said...

The picture is blurry but the intent is crystal clear. You are stealing cutlery

 
At 1/31/2006 12:31 PM, Blogger James said...

I can't believe I married a terrorist spoon smuggler...

 
At 1/31/2006 1:47 PM, Blogger Ferda said...

I just had an itch I couldn't reach

 
At 1/31/2006 2:46 PM, Blogger Matt said...

An itch for more silverware

 
At 1/31/2006 3:26 PM, Blogger James said...

haha!

That's right. An itch for more silverware. I even recall her saying that she liked the style of it. That it would go well with some new curtains that she had picked out.

Maybe I better call the curtain store to see if we're in trouble there. Hopefully they don't have security cameras installed.

 
At 2/01/2006 9:53 AM, Blogger Matt said...

Heh, I think the curtain store just thought you REALLY liked to stuff your bra.

 
At 2/01/2006 9:54 AM, Blogger Ferda said...

so have you called them?

 
At 2/01/2006 10:05 AM, Blogger James said...

Yes. You are busted.

 
At 2/01/2006 10:05 AM, Blogger James said...

Get it?

Busted?

HA! I crack myself up.

 
At 2/01/2006 4:31 PM, Blogger AquariusDragon said...

Busts and CRACKS??? Jamerda, you two are out of control!!

 
At 2/02/2006 9:33 AM, Blogger Ferda said...

oh james you are too punny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home