Friday, January 27, 2006

Dave on LL (Lavalife), a social experiment

One night, out at a bar after floor hockey, floor hockey team mates are sitting around drinking and socializing.

The topic of conversation LL (always an interesting topic), being too long ago to remember the exact conversation, we somehow ended up discussing getting a profile setup for Dave, since Dave didn't have any plans on using LL, nor any complaints about getting setup here we are now.

I don't have any expectations of where this is going to head from here, but if Dave ends up going on a date or two with some attractive funny girls, all the power to him.

All of the basics are setup,
- Date of birth (for your age)
- location
- height
- Picture
- sexual preference
- positions
- etc...

The profile right now is hidden, I will allow it to be searchable, after everything is finished.

Dave's profile is missing 3 things,
A nickname, a one liner, and a profile blurb.

Right now I am trying to brainstorm a good profile blurb for Dave. 100 character minimum (easy enough).
Mine took me a little while to brainstorm, I don't expect Dave's to come any easier.

Why don't I write as I brainstorm, suggestions are welcome.

What am I looking for in Dave's profile.

Keep this in mind,
The girls that get to Dave's profile will probably have already been reading through 10-20 other profiles, so Dave's profile should look and sound different to stand out.

Most profiles have a guy blurting out how being on LL is new, and possibly strange, then some things about himself, and possibly what he is looking for, without any return carridges. (all in the same rectangular block)

So Dave's profile will NOT talk about how being on LL is a new strange exciting experience, and also won't be a single block paragraph. It should have plenty of white space, be easy to read, and look and read different (and therefore new)

I also want to show Dave as someone who is picky about who he wants to date.
ex. No smokers, must have a sense of humor, must be smart, confident, etc...
It must have some humor to it.
I expect it to come off funny + confident (slightly cocky).
Of course somewhere in there, there will be a description of Dave's positive qualities (smart funny and confident etc..)

Of course Dave, if you want to add or veto anything let me know.

That is all for now.

3 Comments:

At 1/29/2006 2:48 PM, Blogger Palmer said...

Huh.

Clearly, you don't need US to write your character reference for Dave considering you've cracked the code of LL, oh glorious wise one.

Why don't you just write all of what you just said, but insert (joke) tags all over the place. Man, I love those joke tags.

Onto my other comment...can I just say that Carrie is the devil since she put me on Lavalife once and wrote that I enjoy long walks on the beach and playing with puppies? If Dave wants someone to talk to, write that in his description.

 
At 1/30/2006 8:43 AM, Blogger James said...

ha! Very funny. You should put a link to it when you are done.

 
At 1/31/2006 9:27 AM, Blogger Matt said...

And I thought everyone loved puppies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home