Monday, January 23, 2006

Root Canal Tomorrow ... :-(

Squeamish about the dentist... I suggest you stop reading.

As a kid I got a large chunk of my front tooth knocked out. Dentists stuck a plastic piece in it's place. Good as new.

Unfortunately, my 1/2 tooth only had a 20 year life expectancy. I don't remember the time frame now, but 6 months to a year ago the tooth died, there was a little bit of swelling and then my first root canal followed.

Well the swelling subsided initially after, then came back, it didn't really puff up at all or disturb me, but it was not the same as the other side. So the dentist suggests leaving it for awhile to see what happens, months go by, no real change, now Mr. Dentist wants to come at the tooth from the top, (around my lips of course)... Damn.

I don't know about everyone else, but the drill, and other instruments in my mouth doesn't bother me. It was the needles to freeze the surrounding area that I hate. Ugh, I am shuddering at the thought of it.
If you are experiencing the same, I apologize, but this is what is on my mind right now.

4 Comments:

At 1/24/2006 9:04 AM, Blogger Palmer said...

Just think of the dentist naked. You'll be fine.

 
At 1/24/2006 10:07 AM, Blogger Matt said...

I need a cute female dentist

 
At 1/24/2006 10:53 AM, Blogger AquariusDragon said...

I hope your dental surgury goes well....

 
At 1/24/2006 12:32 PM, Blogger Matt said...

That was....... unpleasant, and I think I will be chipmunkish for the next few days

 

Post a Comment

<< Home