Thursday, December 29, 2005

Lan Party


Went to a great Lan party last night.

Ian (Shannon's old roommate) has them very sporadically. 6-24 months between each.

We deviated from the usual starcraft extravaganza to play Day of Defeat 2. Even though I prefer a good challenging game of SC, DoD2 was nice in the fact that everyone got to keep playing. Unlike SC, you can't get obliterated 20 min into a 2 hour game and have to wait for the next one to start.

This party was held right out of Ian's work, great big open concept office. I didn't expect to stay too long, with Jennie at home. Ian suggested I bring Jennie over while we game. So I took off and got her 1/2 way through and let her wander around while we gamed. She had a little scuffle with Ian's co-workers dogs (who came briefly to visit), Jennie needs anti-bully lessons.

Gaming nights usually go to the wee hours of the morning. Luckily I was able to keep my mind semi conscious of the time (thank you iPod), and was able to slip out at 1:00.

All in all a good night, that helped me procrastinate from getting ready for my own party... I hope to have the house all ready by EOD tomorrow.... hmmm we will see.

(---Funny, I just noticed that Ian (IAN) and lan (LAN) look the same, I have capitalized the L's in Lan.)

2 Comments:

At 1/06/2006 9:36 AM, Blogger Ferda said...

I love how you post about the Lan party but not the new years' party. LoL that's so Matt Masse!

Where are the new years pics I wanna see what I missed out on.

 
At 1/06/2006 2:43 PM, Blogger Matt said...

You need hello (http://hello.com) Ferda.
I can toss you all the pics you like.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home