Friday, June 02, 2006

Week / Weekend Recap (End of May)

Ah long gone are the days of 4 posts in a day for me. ;-)

But, here is a longer than usual recap of what's going on in the world of Matt.

Yesterday, hit a soccer practice / BBQ with Mel's soccer team right beside Mel's house.
The weather was perfect for kicking the ball around, and I was able to grab Evan's cleats to try them out. (I have the exact same cleats on order)
This was about the second time I have played soccer (or practiced soccer) in ... I would say 10 years.
My soccer skillz showed my lack of ability, but at least I got a few balls past the hilarius faux scottish accent of our keeper "locksmith/water tub boy" (damn I am horrible at names, Mel can you help me out in the comments, please?).

After soccer, I was graciously offered some hot-dogs at the BBQ while we watched the spelling B on ABC. (Prime-time spelling B??) National contest with kids from grades somewhere around 7. Some have crazy spelling skills, none of the kids had to spell any words like "National" or "Graciously", they are spelling words I have never heard of like "autochthonous" and "appoggiatura" (go ahead, read it, close your eyes, and try and spell them).
An interesting contest to watch, but do 10 yr olds really want to spell crazy words in front of a national audience? Granted the winning kid did take home $43,000.

Rewind back to Wednesday, and floor hockey practice.
Jenn's first floor hockey practice, awarded her with a few bruises, AND a nice shiner to show off at work the next day. Luckily (from what I hear) no one at her work was associating date with Matt and bruises :-0.
Also this was the first day we found out the gym has AIR CONDITIONING!! It did get a little hot playing, but it's great to know that is as hot as it is ever going to get.

Rewind back to last weekend, Matt S B-day bash was like a flashback of party nights back in college.
(along with associated Matt M patented day long hang-overs)
We hit Heart and Crown early for supper, and stayed while the bands started. Got Matt S a few birthday shots to start the night off. Then we 1/2 listened to the band and danced and 1/2 watched the Oilers knock out Carolina out of the running. Awesome game.

Then we hit Zaphods. What can I say about Zaphods... if you have hit one dance bar, you probably know what the rest of them look like.
But I can say that Matt S, Chantalle and Terry are all HORRIBLE to party around ;-), as they are the main cause of my Sunday hangover (Curse you three).

I promise to write a little about massemania 2006 soon...
M

1 Comments:

At 6/06/2006 3:01 PM, Blogger AquariusDragon said...

The goalie's name is Fitty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home