Thursday, November 03, 2005

Thoughts from the crazy mind of Matt

A couple days ago I realized that my posts are not very adhoc, so this is right off the top of my head.
No topic, all off the cuff, lets see how it looks.

This is the sh#$.

I am doing a few average things right now I am updating my work system, and listening to my iPod.
Nelly Furtado.
Nelly Furtado is awesome, her music kicks ass. (James music tastes from what I read are somewhat lacking)

I read James' blog, It talks about how Holly reads the blogs (James and Palmers blogs) but has the nerve to not post her opinion, so I wonder how many "lurkers" are watching my blog right now?!? STOP LURKING POST A COMMENT!!!
A "lurker" is, "Some who knows me, reads my blog, and never post a comment".

Hmmm what to write about now, all off the cuff eh?... , hmm my cubicle, My cubicle is great.
There are 5 computers all of which I can touch without moving my chair, my work/laptop beast is the only one that is on, typing this on it right now, 2 are 1U super servers, 1 OLD Loaner laptop, and of course Debbie (I just named her) a hand me down work station that I use as a foot rest.

My work laptop of course stays away from Microsoft in all its evils,t it runs Linux (Linux makes work, FUN), and who wants to plug and unplug 10 cables every time you come to work and go home? Right, no one. I use a docking station (port replicator actually) I have an extra monitor plugged into it, to give me twice the space and twice the hoopla.

I had a problem at first as to where do I hang stuff so...... I have a few hard drive magnets. I use them to hold up the on call schedule, and the phone list on some wooden (faux wood) doors, one magnet on each side holds nicely.

What cubicle is complete without a Dilbert comic? My comic of course is more funny in person. It has a guy (I have no idea what his name is), complaining that there is no correlation between his efforts and his rewards.
To show off my inner geek, I have my binary clock
Other random items include, my phone, stack of pens in a plastic thing, my wireless hands free phone.

If I take my chair and push is straight back really hard I will hit my head and chair on my CD tower, my CD tower has a whole slew of CD's too numerous to mention.
And the cubicle end all, the mini garbage can.

I think I have given you enough of a view into my cubicle for now.
(No more Nelly songs, who wants to type without Nelly)

Booya, success

9 Comments:

At 11/03/2005 10:31 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

1. This is much better, more descriptive, narrative, and interesting than your first draft.

2. You clearly have too much time on your hands.

 
At 11/04/2005 9:17 AM, Blogger James said...

Agreed.

 
At 11/04/2005 9:18 AM, Blogger James said...

Both points. And also, you should drop the word verification. :-)

 
At 11/04/2005 9:20 AM, Blogger Matt said...

Word verification stays, keeps the spammers at bay

 
At 11/04/2005 1:29 PM, Blogger James said...

Nope. I think you should drop the word verification. And from now on until you do, I will include on my comments the actual word verification used.

nysdddi

PS - I am not a spammer.

 
At 11/04/2005 1:31 PM, Blogger Matt said...

nice, good plan

ygiyzq

Verificaion stays

 
At 11/06/2005 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a lurker

 
At 11/07/2005 8:55 AM, Blogger Matt said...

lol, you would have been more of a lurker had you not posted a comment

 
At 11/18/2005 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry, I was a lurker, then felt guilty, checking out your blog because my brother hasn't put anything new in a few days... Nelly Furtado rocks..that's all I have to say...probably never met you and you have no idea who I am.. HA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home