Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Post of Random thoughts

I told myself yesterday that I would write a post, right off the top of my head.
No chosen topic, all off the cuff, see how it looks.

This is it.

Right now I am updating my work system, listening to my iPod.
Nelly Furtado.
I like Nelly Furtado, she has a lot of good rhythm and variation in her music.

I just read James' blog, stating that Holly reads the blogs (at least James and Palmers), gets me wondering how many "lurkers" there are.
My definition of "lurker" is some who knows me that has never posted a comment.

And now I am drawing a blank, hmm let me describe my cubicle, I am sure it is different than most.
I have 5 computers all within arms reach, only one of them is on, 2 are 1 U servers that are not in use at the moment, 1 Loaner laptop, and a hand me down work station that I use as a foot rest. And of course my work laptop that I am on right now.

My work laptop runs Linux (much more efficient for work), and through the docking station I have 2 monitors plugged into it, to give me more work area.

I have a few hard drive magnets that I use to hold up the on call schedule, and the phone list on my wooden cubicle cabinet doors, one magnet on each side holds nicely, they are faux wood.

I have a Dilbert comic up, with a guy complaining that there is no correlation between his efforts and his rewards. I have my binary clock (which I never use), my phone, stack of pens in a plastic thing, my wireless hands free phone.

Behind me I have a CD tower with a whole bunch of install CD's, and my garbage can.

And you know what that is all for now.
(No more Nelly songs playing, must put on something else)

Update
Re-reading this post I have decided that tomorrow I will take this post, rewrite it, see if I can make it interesting without adding any new content. (I will leave the original)

3 Comments:

At 11/02/2005 10:50 AM, Blogger James said...

Nelly Furtado, huh?

'Nuff said.

 
At 11/02/2005 10:51 AM, Blogger James said...

742 on the hit counter, nice work!

 
At 11/02/2005 1:13 PM, Blogger Palmer said...

I suppose the only rough estimate you can take is the amount on your hit counter divided by the number of people you think comment on the blog.

So 742/10 (at most that I can see), still gives 74.2 comments. Do I think I've given that many comments? Highly doubtful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home