Thursday, November 10, 2005

Piano Lessons

Starting to get into playing actual music now, makes it much more fun.
Although trying to remember what keys to press, count the beats, and keep track of the music all at once gets a little complicated. Especially when I am asked to say the notes as I play them.
lol, I always lose track of the music first... "where was I in the song, I am pretty sure that this key is next, then this key" I need more practice, I think once playing sheet music gets to be a little closer to a second hand reaction, everything else will fall into place.

That aside.

Music:
Barnyard Dance - Mastered
Twinkle Twinkle little star - got it
Mary had a little lamb - got that one too
November rain - ....not so much

I need to buy or make some sort of sheet stand for the keyboard. It has holes to put the stand in, but it did not come with one.
Also it would be nice to have another monitor connected to my computer that is within visible distance from the keyboard. Hopefully by next week.

Luckily, Mel (Mel, just started her own blog) thinks that holding an xbox controller while Burnout - Revenge is on, is equivalent to legal tender. I think I over-paid,lol , man that game is fun. I think I will try and get Shannon hooked on it (hmm good date/bad date?, lol). This game is so fun, picture yourself playing the old super mario brothers (orig) and then mario getting run over by a old weathered (3D) 4x4, then the 4x4 exploding right after running over mario.... then the camera doing a fly by and telling you how much damage you caused to mario..... wow...
(this is probably funnier if you have played a burnout game before)

11 Comments:

At 11/10/2005 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Burnout (3 and Revenge) -- I can't seem to overcome the addiction... but then CRASH, an accident happens in real life... lucky, it was only a minor accident and didn't involve anyone I know.

 
At 11/10/2005 2:57 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Lol, almost forgot about that.
What a coincedence (sp?).

Play by play.
Matt finishes his piano lesson, asks Mel if she wants to play the new Burnout game.
Mel's response "NEW BURNOUT GAME????"

Mel and Matt play burnout, crash cars, cause damage, advance the single player game to unlock some cars.

Mel gets a ride home from Matt, on the drive we breifly talk about crashing real cars like in the game.

Mel and Matt get off the queensway, to see 2 cars run a red light in front of them.
The van in the right lane decides he really wants to turn left and fast. The guy in the left land decides he really wants to get through the red light before the other traffic gets the green.

They brake, and tap each other, possible side panel damage to the van that was in the right lane.

lol, comparing this to the game, the two cars do very little damage, if this was in the game you would probably have heard people laughing at you.

 
At 11/11/2005 8:27 AM, Blogger James said...

New Burnout game, huh? I'm a fan of Takedown:3, have it for PS2, good times playing that.

That is some kind of crazy coincidence... luckily no one was hurt.

rhvwefxk

 
At 11/11/2005 8:30 AM, Blogger James said...

Did you know they have a new Matrix game out (or coming out, not sure?).

It's called The Matrix: Path of Neo. Looks kinda cool. I rented one Matrix game before a while ago, it was set between the first and second movie I believe. I think this one spans the entire trilogy, which would be cool.

But I bet the sucky bit would be that you only gain all the really cool, bullet-stopping powers near the end of the game.

twoguwpy

 
At 11/11/2005 8:40 AM, Blogger James said...

AND!!! they have a new video game coming out staring 50-cent. How exciting is that!?

You get to talk like fifty, walk like fifty, bust a cap in someone's ass like fifty. I wonder if they included the pimpin' lifestyle of fifty?

I know in the GTA series you can pick up hookers and stuff, but I can see this fifty game pushing the limits, especially since he's a motha-f*ckin' P.I.M.P.

ufqqco

 
At 11/11/2005 12:08 PM, Blogger James said...

Am I the only one interested in 50 cent's video game? Come on people?!

ucvktsda

 
At 11/11/2005 8:53 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Matt, you needn't worry so much about the good date/bad date scenarios...you will be given a copy of your status appraisal at your impending review. At that time you will be given the opportunity to enter into the "performance improvement program" should there be a problem identified.

 
At 11/14/2005 8:19 AM, Blogger James said...

Is this the 1, 2, or 3 month probationary period?

jvcwnu

 
At 11/14/2005 9:07 AM, Blogger Ferda said...

what the heck is barnyard dance?

 
At 11/14/2005 10:13 AM, Blogger James said...

It's a piano song I guess...

sgeydmah

 
At 11/14/2005 12:49 PM, Blogger Matt said...

a very easy piano song

 

Post a Comment

<< Home