Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Kerazy Weekend Part 2

FYI, you might want to read Part 1 first (below)

Well I lost most of my first attempt at Part 2 :-( So here is my second attempt.

So we get back to my parents place around 2:00AM like expected, I quickly move my stuff from the van to the car, and head back to my place. I get there around 2:30AM and head to bed. Still up in the air over which party to hit, thinking more about going to bed than anything else.

I wake up in the morning around 9ish. Now is the time to decide.

Duncan's Party
- Close to home
- Good friends at party
- I know it will be fun.
- Easy to get home.
- Must get ready last minute (costume, booze, transportation, etc.)

Jenn's Party
- Already packed
- Catered
- Huge garage with lots of hype
- Open Bar
- Have costume in mind in Oshawa already (Fernie Fest Sumo Wrestler)
- Other sappy reasons
- More driving (through the rain)

I decide I will head to Oshawa provided there are no issues going.

So I call Jenn to see if I can even make the party on time, make sure showing up is alright, check if going to the party without rsvp'ing is ok, see if there is anything I need to bring etc... Everything ok... so I am heading to Oshawa

After surprising Jenn with my news, she told me that they will make me a mummy for the party, and that they would start getting the materials together. So, I hoped in the car and headed off for the ~4 hour drive to Oshawa.

The drive was pretty uneventful, it was very wet, the roads were fine to drive on (partly due to my amazing tires)

Got to Oshawa pretty hungry, Jenn and her mom were out picking up Halloween costume stuff, and showed up about 2 min after I got there. We went inside for a little bit, talked about costume stuff, got a few of my things from the car inside, and headed off to Arbys... Mmmm Arbys... wish still had one in Ottawa.

After food we went out to a few placed to get more costume supplies.

Then we headed back to Jenn's Parents to start getting ready.
Jenn's costume - Evil Queen from Snow White
Jenn's Mom - Morticia Addams
Jenn's Dad - Dark faceless thing
Me - Mummy

Jenn's sister decided to skip the party, I know I don't know all the reasons she didn't attend, but I think her fiance unable to walk around (broken? sprained foot?? or something similar) was the main reason. Although I hear she was hounded quite thoroughly by her aunt earlier in the week.

despite not going she showed up at Jenn's parents to put makeup on everyone (myself included).

A long Part 3 coming soon to a computer screen near you!!

8 Comments:

At 11/01/2006 1:01 PM, Blogger AquariusDragon said...

Hurry up with Part III!!!

 
At 11/01/2006 1:29 PM, Blogger James said...

LOL... ya, it's already Wednesday. Hurry up.

So a mummy, huh? Any pics?

And I think you made the right call on which party to attend, that is, as long as the open bar part was true.

 
At 11/01/2006 1:36 PM, Blogger skeeter said...

oh, just wait...it gets better ;-)

 
At 11/01/2006 1:56 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Ya, I have pics, but they spoil the story.

They will be posted after.

 
At 11/01/2006 1:56 PM, Blogger skeeter said...

and yes James, there are pictures....tons of 'em. More specifically there's tons of putting Matt's costume together. He thought it was hilarious that while we slaved away dressing him, he could take pictures.... :-)

 
At 11/01/2006 4:12 PM, Blogger James said...

waiting...

 
At 11/01/2006 10:27 PM, Blogger AquariusDragon said...

Happy St. Patty's Day 2011!!! Wow, this is taking a long time for Part !!!

 
At 11/03/2006 2:12 PM, Blogger James said...

LOL, nice one Mel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home