Saturday, November 19, 2005

Poker with host, "Shannon (boy)"

Ah, Poker with the guys.

My second time playing Texas hold-em.
I drove Duncan to the party, who was not going to play, but was going to hang out. After forgetting to hit the ATM on the way, I figured I would just hit up a little xbox with Duncan.

But I ended up putting in an IOU $10 and grabed my share of poker chips.
The card game, along with the Maureens chip dip extrodinaire, Shannons beer, and my fictional bus ticket money, made for a great game.
I think I did pretty good, although I was the first one out.
Technically, James was the first one out.
James and Dave went all in on the FIRST HAND!!!

"Unlucky James" had to buy back his chips from Dave for the second hand.

After my humiliating walk of shame away from the table without any poker chips, I hit up Duncan for some "Super Monkey Ball" Bowling. It is interesting bowling with a floor that is doing the wave. But as we noticed "Super Monkey Ball" Bowling is only fun for a very short period of time, then people just get bored.

Then "Unlucky James" joined in the bowling for a few frames before we gave up on it.

"Unlucky James" disappeared shorly after, to be replaced by Maureen who came back from the Girls night out.

It was getting to be a little later in the night by then, and Palmer and Shannon were still battling it out for about 2000 or so chips. They were still raising 1 or 2 chips at a time when I came back in, I guess that is the way to win.

At the end a Dave ended up being "perma-dealer" and Ryan and Shannon started playing a little more un-conventionally, I think they just wanted to finish the game before 2:00.

"Lucky Shannon" ended up winning the pot at the end.

Thanks for organizing Shannon, IOU $10. :)

4 Comments:

At 11/21/2005 8:23 AM, Blogger Ferda said...

poker night sounds fun but I bet you guys didn't watch Dirty Dancing! :-P

 
At 11/21/2005 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Dirty Dancing!...

Be careful Ferda, don't say too much dirty words, you might win an other prize for it! ;-)

Hey, by the way girls! I was right, I knew they were playing strip poker! What do I win?

 
At 11/21/2005 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pshaw.

There's no way we were playing strip poker if Matt was there.

 
At 11/21/2005 11:36 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Yes, I know, you get jealous... Hey, it's not my fault!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home