Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Mythtv 0.20 stable!!

Yay, mythtv 0.20 is finally stable in the portage tree. (lamens look away now)

I can now upgrade from my 2-3 year old 0.17 installation.

If you knew what I was talking about you might say,
"But Matt, you could have upgraded to the 0.19 and 0.18 when they went stable"

When I setup this system I decided to leave it when it was working. It's not broken, I don't care if there are any security holes (except in ssh) as no one has access to it but me.

But now the new 0.20 features have intrigued me, especially the ability to burn episodes natively from mythfrontend, as DVD's!, apparently you can also tell it to use your commercial flags and remove those from the burned copy... all too cool.

I know what James is going to say something about media center, but I say bs, mythtv is cheaper and better, although it is harder to setup, but that is a plus for me anyway.

1 Comments:

At 1/04/2007 1:38 PM, Blogger Ferda said...

key word --> "cheaper"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home