Friday, September 08, 2006

DD....R

Gaming and beer got me a few love handles, lets see if gaming and flavored water can get rid of them.

I have had the DDR pads now for about 2 or 3 days (opened) and they are cooool.

The pads support all 3 consoles (xbox, gamecube AND playstation.), and have a stiff foam pad under the buttons, (no bunching and very little moving).

Video games + exercise = cool.
This is the first time I have had to stop playing video games cause I am physically exhausted.

There seems to be a BIG difference between skill levels though. Playing on beginner is really easy, playing one level up is challenging but do-able, playing on "standard" is uh crazy, I have not even attempted to see what happens when I select "hard" I think my head would explode at the sight of the first arrow.

I wonder if I can play zelda with my feet? (oh yea, James I finished windwaker, very cool)

9 Comments:

At 9/11/2006 10:36 AM, Blogger James said...

Wicked. As you know, the Pimpson's are very big fans of DDR. And have been for a while - see evidence here.

The pads you bought sound like the good ones - ours tend to slip and bunch up quite often. So good call on getting the higher quality. I foresee a dance-off in the near future. So start practicing.

And congrats on completing LoZ:Wind Waker. Great games like ALL Zelda games. I'm stoked to get Twilight Princess. Especially for the Wii.

 
At 9/11/2006 12:37 PM, Blogger skeeter said...

I must mention that when he visited me this weekend, he had to bring the pads with him....you know we wouldn't want to go through any DDR withdrawal :-P

 
At 9/11/2006 3:55 PM, Blogger James said...

lol

 
At 9/12/2006 9:46 AM, Blogger Pollcrazy said...

good old matt, there are other way to burn calories!

 
At 9/12/2006 9:57 AM, Blogger Matt said...

There are other ways to do lots of things... :), I like burning calories this way.

 
At 9/12/2006 10:35 AM, Blogger Matt said...

James, if your looking for replacement pads, I these at EB games. (actually EB games in sault ste marie, but I am sure they have the pads here too.)

 
At 9/12/2006 4:40 PM, Blogger James said...

the pads we have are fine. no big problems with them. but thanks

 
At 9/17/2006 8:47 PM, Blogger iBenoit said...

How much did these cost matt? Been thinking of getting a set. i like the cact that they are for all consoles.

 
At 9/17/2006 10:41 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Ended coming out to about $100 for two, after tax, and with a 1 year warranty.

(I am usually opposed to warranties but, I don't know how long these pads are supposed to last)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home